Have your favorite maps always with you – online or offline
NaviComputer uses different variants of OpenStreetMaps optimized for hiking, cycling and mountainbiking. By default, the following map sources can be used:
- MapQuest OSM (nice OpenstreetMap rendering)
- MapQuest Open Aerial (Satellite maps)
- 4umaps.eu (topographic outdoor, hike and mountain bike maps with trail scale)
- hikebikemap.de (Nice hiking and biking maps based on OpenStreetMap)
Offline maps will help you to keep the right track even when you are abroad or in areas without network coverage.
- Download maps of a user-defined area and store them as single, easy to handle and space saving files.
- Extend your mapping experience by using the optional PC application NaviMapper to download, store and manage your offline maps on a PC. Read more about NaviMapper.
- Add custom map sources to use your favorite online map providers. (See FAQ)
Track your activities and save your tracks as GPX
- View your stats like elapsed distance, average speed or elevation profile.
- While running in the background, NaviComputer is optimized for low power consumption and long battery life.
- Save your tracks in the GPX file format to review them with a tool of your choice like Google earth. NaviMapper will help you to transfer your tracks to your PC without the need of uploading them somewhere to the internet.
- Live tracking: Share a link with other people to let them follow your trip live on a map with any browser on any device
Load GPX tracks from the internet or other sources
Found an interesting track in your favorite internet GPS portal or received a track via email? NaviComputer lets you open up GPX files from everywhere on your phone.
- Load tracks, show them on the map and check its details and stats.
- Use a car navigation app to guide you straight to the starting point of a track.
- Use NaviMapper to simply drag and drop GPX files from your PC to your phone.
- Import and export tracks and offline maps from/to your SkyDrive.